It's totally natural to be single this Valentine's Day. There's no need to get down in the dumps over it. Instead, let's make it a day to be remembered.
Whether you're with friends or riding solo this Valentine's Day, let's celebrate your season of singleness with some fun.
Celebrate with Friends:
- Galentine's Day Brunch: Gather your girlfriends (or guy friends!) for a festive brunch celebration. Decorate the table with hearts and flowers, whip up delicious food, and enjoy each other's company. Exchange Valentines, play games, and create lasting memories.
- Anti-Rom-Com Movie Marathon: Ditch the traditional romantic comedies and host a hilarious anti-rom-com movie marathon with your friends. You can't appreciate these the same when you're dating someone, frankly, so enjoy this with some chocolate strawberries, a bit of wine, and your friends.
- Board Game Night: Challenge yourselves and each other with a fun board game night. And throw in the chocolate strawberries while you're here, too.
- Cocktail Creation Workshop: Learn how to whip up delicious cocktails at a fun and interactive workshop (or our favorite pal, Youtube) with your friends. Experiment with different flavors, techniques, and presentations. Enjoy your creations (responsibly!) and celebrate your friendship with unique and tasty drinks.
Embrace the Soloness:
- Hit the Trail: Lace up your boots and conquer a scenic trail. Enjoy the time alone to think and reflect, without the blaring distractions of Valentine's all around you. Pack a picnic lunch and have a simple and therapeutic day.
- Hit the Gym: What better way to embrace singleness than to hit the gym, or do some fitness of sorts. Work on that summer bod and appreciate your hard work and abilities.
- Hot Solo Date: Ready to push yourself out of your comfort zone? Challenge yourself to taking yourself out to the perfect date. Dress up, get dinner, watch the sunset, and celebrate your singleness. A fancy dinner is cheaper for a single person, anyway.
- Spa Day: Indulge in a little self-care with a spa day. Treat yourself to a face mask, a relaxing bath, a movie night, and, of course, some decadent chocolate-covered strawberries.
Get Proactive and Social :
- Attend a Speed Dating Event: Maybe you've done the self reflection and know that you don't want to be single this Valentine's Day. If that's the case, take action and go out to meet new people. We do singles events so you can meet other singles in person around the Bay, so this could be the time to push yourself to go out and work on your flirting game.
- Volunteer with a Cause: Give back to your community and connect with like-minded individuals by volunteering for a cause close to your heart. Animal shelters, environmental organizations, and community centers offer countless opportunities to make a difference and expand your social circle. Make it a group bonding experience with friends who share your passions.
- Make Some New Friends: Coincidentally, we also host events for making new friends in person. Maybe you just got over a breakup or are enjoying your singleness era, but still want some new people in your life. Check out our upcoming events to meet your new crew, so you can do some Galentine's or Guyentine's (I think that works?) activities this year.
Remember, Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love. It's a day to celebrate all forms of love, including self-love and the love you share with friends. Embrace this opportunity to have simple fun, explore your interests, and connect with yourself and others in meaningful ways. Forget the societal expectations and create a day that reflects your unique personality and desires.
Whether you go solo, gather your friends, or seek out meeting new people, make it a day filled with gratitude, love for those around you and yourself, and chocolate covered strawberries (those are my favorite, if you can't tell). Happy Valentine's Day!